Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY: Teacher Appreciation Gift


Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week! This year was the first year (obviously) that Emerson has had a teacher. We love Em's daycare and her teachers are so great. They love her so much (and we love them)! They are the most caring teachers and take such good care of Em and the other kiddos. 

To show our appreciation, I whipped up these quick and easy little gifts for them. They probably cost around $3 each and are pretty darn cute.

Supplies:
- Patterned metal buckets ($1 from Target)
- Hershey's Kisses and Hugs (I used two packs for all three)
- Scrapbook paper
- Tape
- Stick of some kind (I used shish kabob skewers that I had on hand)
- Pack of flower seeds


I just traced Emerson's hand on some colored patterned paper and cut out about five of each color. I taped the hands together with double sided tape. I then cut a circle out of coordinating paper and taped that on, as well as the skewer. After pouring in the kisses and hugs, I just popped in the skewers. The candy held the flowers upright. And that's it! 

The teachers thought they were great (I mean, who wouldn't want a bucket full of chocolate???) and they are such a quick and easy way to show some love!

Did you make anything fun for Teacher Appreciation Week? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...