Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 15, 2013

Emerson's Birth Announcement


We sent out birth announcements for Emerson a little while ago. I'm kind of old fashioned that way. I still send out the paper Christmas cards, birth announcements and of course, thank you cards (thanks to my lovely Mama who instilled in me very young to always send a thank you card).

After looking around on a bunch of different sites and pricing out birth announcements (Shutterfly, Tiny Prints, Snapfish, Costco) I ended up just making my own design using Picasa and ordering through the custom option at Costco. Don't get me wrong, I love the designs at Shutterfly and Tiny Prints. They are beautiful, but also expensive. The cheapest I found were $50 for 50 through Shutterfly, but I just can't justify spending that much on announcements - especially on our tight med school budget. 

But, as usual, Costco for the win. While I didn't like their designs, I was able to just create my own and upload to a blank card. $16.99 for 50 which includes envelopes! That's more like it! The quality was great and I love how they turned out! They are large at 5 x 7 show there is plenty of picture. So far, the grandparents have been thrilled with them - my grandma (GG - for "great grandma" now) even wanted to hang it up outside the elevator in her retirement home for everyone to see. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...