Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies

Only one week until Valentine's Day and I'm starting to get into the spirit. Last year, I made sugar cookies for my sweetie - some of the heart variety and some of the Star Wars variety. The hubby loved them. This year I wanted to try something red velvet-y since I've never really attempted it before. And because anything red velvet screams Valentine's Day. It's kind of perfect. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course) from A Small Snippet (original recipe from Bakerella) and it was delicious. I've made them twice this week so far! Once for Zach's school potluck and once for the Super Bowl party we went to. 


The best part is it's super easy! 

Ingredients
Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 eggs
1 stick butter, softened

Frosting
1 stick butter, softened
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 1 pound box confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, and butter.
3. Place on cookie sheet in balls (I used my cookie scoop the first time, and then used smaller dough balls the second time)
4. Bake about 10 minutes.
5. If desired, use a cookie cutter to cut hearts out of cooled cookies. I did this for a few, but decided to leave them as full cookies for the rest. 
6. I didn't make the frosting this time, just used some pre-made pink vanilla frosting. (Once I ran out of the frosting, I used Nutella and it was really good too!) Frost one side of the cookie and then put two cookies together to make a little sandwich.

So delicious!

These are so fast and easy to whip up. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...