In our new house we have three bedrooms plus a man cave. So much more space than our last little house and so far we love it. Yes, it may be outdated, but just having more space makes it 100x better. I have the nursery done and I'm still working on the master bedroom (the coral isn't totally working for me so I'm taking a break for now... but I did order some fabric for the headboard, so we'll be working on that soon!) so that's two out of three. The third actual bedroom (the man cave is really just half of the garage converted into another room) was supposed to be our spare bedroom, but since I will be working from home when I go back to work in December I really need a space where I can work that will make me happy. Or at least be pretty enough to motivate me to work. :)
I had been eyeing this rug from IKEA for a while now and then got the idea of doing a black and white room with some jade/emerald accents. Especially since I already have my jade dresser that I redid a year and a half ago which currently holds all my craft supplies. I went to IKEA to get the rug (only $20 too!) and found a bunch of other graphic black and white accents. IKEA is so cheap! I love it, although I vowed to never again buy a dresser from there - too much every day wear and tear for the "put together yourself furniture."
So, here's my office inspiration board (with most things from IKEA). The next step is painting the walls a bright white to brighten it up (it's currently a dusty mauve color... yuck) and then putting it all together.
1. Teal and gray fabric for when I recover the seat cushion on my accent chair (I'll spray paint the base of it to freshen it up too).
2. Teal Ikat fabric for a bulletin board project.
3. IKEA NYTTJA frame for a super sweet project I whipped up with some Instagram photos. I'll share more on this soon!
6. White Parsons Desk - I already have this Tar-jay knock off.
7. Black and white polka dot rug
9. Some minty storage boxes
10. Modern wall clock
13. My jade dresser full of crafts
14. A vintage globe to top it off!