Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread Cookies

Well, we didn't make it to Leavenworth this weekend (boo-hoo). I know, I know, all that hype and no results. Lame. I wasn't feeling very good on Saturday... huge migraine and all that, so we postponed our little day trip until next weekend (weather permitting). 

We did have a great time at my work Christmas party! I even got a new dress and got all gussied up (that's right, I said gussied up). Then we had a little Friends-mas celebration last night. So much fun to celebrate with friends for the holidays!

Anyways, let's get down to business. I made some gingerbread cookies this weekend. It was my first time making them (it's been my goal to try new recipes lately) and they turned out great. I even made them into cute little gingerbread men (and women)! They were very chewy and delicious. Although, I didn't add any gum drop buttons (not my gum drop buttons! - name the movie... Go!) Here's the recipe (found from Martha, here):


// 350 degrees // 10-18 minutes // makes 36 //

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened (I used sweet cream butter)
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
1 large egg
Sprinkles! Lots and lots of sprinkles!

Directions
1. Whisk together dry ingredients (all but the brown sugar) in a separate bowl.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Add molasses and egg.
4. Mix in dry mixture on low. 
5. Put dough in plastic wrap (make sure to put some flour down first) and form into 8-inch .
6. Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours (I only chilled for one hour and they were fine).
7. Roll out dough with rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thick and then freeze for 20 minutes (I only put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes and they still baked well).
8. Cut out with a cookie cutter of your choice.
9. Bake at 350 for 10-18 minutes (depending on cookie size - the bigger the cookie, the more time you need). I baked for about 10 minutes since my gingerbread men (and women) were not too big. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...