Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hugs + Kisses From the Mrs.

I've been a little MIA this week. It's been a busy week so far (which is good) but I am exhausted already (the late night Olympics are killing me!). I've also been in kind of a funk, especially yesterday. Here's hoping I can snap out of it soon. 

Mostly, I've just been missing this guy.
The main reason is that sometimes medical school sucks. It's hard not only on Zach studying/working/learning constantly, but also on the wifeys! As you know, Z is in his third year of medical school (over half way there!). For year three and four, the students do month-long rotations throughout the year. His first rotation was in Issaquah, so that was great - pretty close to home (most of his rotations will be around the Seattle area). For the past two weeks, Zach's been in Pendleton, Oregon working at the hospital there. The students are basically unpaid interns that get to meet patients on their own and then report back to the attending and discuss what should happen next. He's learning a ton and getting to see so many different things (his first two rotations so far have been in internal medicine, next is general surgery!). 

So, for the past two weeks, I've been a single mama to our furry little boys, and I've finally hit the wall. I do not like this being apart thing. It's been 10 days since I've seen him (although Z would say it has only been 8;) and I'm not liking it at all. I need to see my husband! I miss him so much it's kind of ridiculous.

We did the long distance thing in college (for three years!) and it worked out great. But now, we've been married 4 years and it's totally different. And I don't like it. I want my best friend next to me every night (I may or may not be sleeping with a piece of his clothing because it smells like him). I want my partner in crime back to so we can watch the olympics together and cheer/make jokes together throughout the whole thing.

I definitely have even more respect for single moms out there too (and I only have two dogs - imagine two kids!). It's hard being the only one there and having so much responsibility on you and you alone. 

Anyways, I think you get my point (and sorry if that was a tad whiny...) He comes home TOMORROW! WOOT! I'm so excited! I can't wait, and I think that's why this week has been harder than the first. It's so close, yet time is moving so slowly. The first week went by pretty fast since I kept busy with lots of projects (I'll be sharing some next week hopefully!). But this week is dragging...

So I think you all know that I love to bake (and the husband loves to eat whatever I bake). Last week I pumped out some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (my favorite!) and decided to send my mister a little care package to help him remember his awesome wifey. :) I had seen this idea at weddings before and loved it! So simple and cute. I made a little card to go in there too. 

I bought a bag of Hershey's Kisses, a bag of Hershey's Hugs and a bag of Snickers (because those are his favorites). I was going to put some fishies in there too, but ran out of room after I added the cookies. 
I miss you so much Zachary Michael! Can't wait for you to come home to me! 

P.S. Happy 32nd Anniversary to my amazing parents! We are so lucky to have such great role models! Love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! hang in there...4 years goes by so quick! Praying for you guys during this time of being apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Athena! It has already gone by fast so far! It seems like yesterday we just moved to Arizona! Thanks for thinking of us. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...