Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 5, 2012

Knit Pillow

Now that Fall is definitely here, I have the knitting bug again. It's funny how that works. I have no desire to really knit anything in the summer. But come fall, I'm all over it. My first project of the season - a knit pillow cover! I first saw this idea on my trip to West Elm a month or so ago. I loved it, but I didn't want to pay for it. I think it was around $34 for the pillow cover alone!


So of course, I decided to make my own! I recently became reacquainted with the website Ravelry. Have you heard of it? It's an online community for knitters and crocheters (my username is meganykane if you want to find me!). There are a ton of free patterns and that's where I found the pattern for my pillow.

I used this pattern - the Simple Stitch Pillow by Meg Roke Knits. I have to say, it's one of the easiest knitting projects I've done so far! I used thick yarn and thick needles so it went pretty fast, and since it is a pillow cover, I just put it on a pillow I already had lying around.

Needles - Size US 15 (10mm)
Yarn - Bernat Brand Bulky 80% Acrylic/20% Wool in Low Tide
(I bought three skeens on sale for $4.11/each, but only ended up using two for this project)

I followed the pattern pretty much spot on and it was so easy. No complex parts to it at all until you get to the button holes, which was only one row.

The other great thing about the pillow is I got to use some vintage wood buttons that my Mom gave me. She said the my great grandfather made them! How cool is that?!

OK, here she is. She is super soft and cuddly. Now I just need to keep it away from the puppies! I love how it turned out!


The best part is I can take off the pillow cover when it gets hot in the summer. I love it!

What knitting projects are you working on these days? I'm thinking of trying to tackle a scarf like this one if I can find a similar pattern. I got the teal version and it's so cozy warm!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...