Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies


Molasses cookies have to be one of my favorite cookies. Of all time. My mom made them when I was growing up, usually around Christmas. Molasses cookies are one of those cookies that are like comfort food to me and are always delicious when you eat them warm with a hot cup of cider/coffee/tea. Yum. 

Seriously, you should make these this holiday season. They are so soft and chewy and have the best flavor. I made them last weekend and the whole batch was gone in a day. One day! Don't worry. We had friends over. It wasn't just us (although it very well could have been). Here's my mom's super good recipe for Molasses Cookies.

// 325 degrees // 8-10 minutes // 

Ingredients
3/4 cup butter 
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. Melt butter, let cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients with melted butter. I followed the order listed above and mixed as I went.
3. Chill dough overnight (I let it sit covered in the fridge for about and hour and they were perfect).
4. Make one inch dough balls (I use my trusty cookie scoop).
5. Roll dough balls in white sugar to lightly coat.
6. Place on cookie sheet, don't flatten. 
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. 
8. Optional - Frost with white icing. We didn't, and they were amazing without!

Enjoy!



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...