I had so much putting this together (especially since I finally figured out a non-photoshop way to make a mood board)! I've been so excited to put the nursery together every since busy season ended so I started a secret board on Pinterest with all my nursery finds. I've finally narrowed them down to what I can envision for Little Miss BK! My main inspiration is this nursery
from Jess at Craftiness is Not Optional
. I love the colors - aqua, coral and yellow - and I loved the subtle hot air balloon theme. I'm not really into "themed" nurseries, but I do like having the hot air balloons in there a little bit. I'm more of a geometric/stripes/polka dots kind of girl. :) Mostly, I just want it to be a bright, colorful fun space for Little BK (and mainly me, I guess) to enjoy! I also have some big plans for some fun projects too! I'll explain more...
2. Loving this mint wall paint
by Dwell Studio. I've also been crushing on this Sea Glass
color by Martha Stewart which is a close match.
3. This is my inspiration dresser from One King's Lane
, but it's a tad out of my price range (I think when it was online, it was $1,000+!). Don't worry, I already got a dresser much more reasonably priced from Craigslist, which I'll be sharing soon!
5. My Mama is giving me her rocking chair that my Daddio got her when I was born, so I'm really excited! It's a wooden rocker very similar to the picture above, but I'll need to get a comfy cushion to go with it - like this one
6. Love pillow
- I have some plans to craft this one up.
9. Chevron pouf
- I'm going to try my hand at making one of these pouf ottomans (maybe using this tutorial
), and I actually got some fabric already (see number 12!)
10. I couldn't do a nursery without including a print from my favorite artist, Katie Daisy! The You Are So Loved print
11. I've loved this crib
for a while, simple and white but with a touch of vintage charm.
12. I bought this Waverly fabric
from JoAnn's the other day for 40%! I'm kind of obsessed. The colors are perfect and it's actually outdoor fabric, which will be perfect for the ottoman!
13. Hot air balloon print
- this one is dainty and cute. I love the colors and how it will carry the "theme" without feeling to "themey."
14. Be silly print
- I like this saying a lot. Something fun to remember, and perfect colors.
15. A fun way to add another pop of color in the room with this yellow Stella floor lamp
from Urban Outfitters. I like the aqua too!
The only problem is we will be moving sometime in July... so I can't really set anything up yet. :( But, I will be starting on projects and sharing with you as I go! I'm so ready to get started!
PS - Three months till my due date!!!
Labels: Baby, Little BK, Nursery