There's something about summer that just screams Pies! Cobblers! Anything with fresh fruit! After we got some raspberries at Pike's Place Market
last weekend we immediately came home and made some raspberry cobbler.
Here's the recipe we used (adapted from here
3 cups raspberries
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (we left this out since we didn't have any on hand)
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash raspberries and combine with sugar (and lemon juice if you have it).
3. Use butter to grease an 8x8 pan and spread the berries along the bottom.
4. Place dollops of butter on top of the raspberries.
5. In a separate bowl, mix Bisquick, melted butter, beaten egg, and milk. Stir until combined.
6. Drop over berry mixture in spoonfuls.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Serve warm with whipped cream and gobble that up!
Messy, but delicious! Perfect for a summer night in front of the fire! What are your favorite summer desserts?
P.S. This looks pretty darn tasty too!
Labels: Baking, Desserts, Summer