Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer is Here!

True to form, Seattle summer is finally here. I don't think I've ever heard it as much as I have this year - "Seattle summer doesn't start until after the 4th of July." Like clockwork, the sun showed up (even on the 4th!) and for the next week at least we will have sunshine (I may have even taken today off to enjoy it:)! 

Our 4th was pretty low key this year, which was fine with me since it was in the middle of the week. We hung out with two of my sister-in-laws and ate a lot, played games, watched the fireworks on the telly (yeah, we're hard core like that - ha!). But seriously, if you've never seen the fireworks in person at Gasworks Park in Seattle, shame on you. Next year you should definitely plan on going. They have the best music (an awesome mix of the good oldies, modern and classics), best fireworks (synchronized to the music) and best location (a view of the water with the Seattle skyline in the background). Zach and I have only been once, the year before we got married and loved it. It was amazing, so I highly recommend it (now you just have to wait a year...)!

Have you heard about the Seattle's new Great Wheel? I am so excited for this! We are planning on going tomorrow to try it out. Tickets are a little pricey at $13 each, but I don't care. I want to go! Ever since we went to London and didn't go on the London Eye, I think I have wanted to go on a Ferris Wheel to make up for it. Of course I'll share with you next week how it is!
Other than that, we'll probably do some yard work (still have to get used to this living in a house thing), take BBoy on lots of nice long walks in the sun (with sunscreen of course), and just relax since Z just finished his first full week of rotations(!). I'm so happy the sun is finally here! I don't think I realized how much I've missed it from Arizona until recently, because summers in Seattle really are the best. 

What are you up to this weekend? Going out on the boat? Laying out in the sun? Whatever it is, I hope you can enjoy this beautiful weather! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...