Remember the coral dresser
I redid for the nursery? Here's a little sneak peak of it set up in the nursery... or at least how it was the other day. :)
For all purposes it was done, but I wanted to add some drawer liners for a little unexpected surprise of pattern and color. Luckily it was a pretty easy project!
I grabbed some coordinating wrapping paper from Target and used a foam brush and mod podge I had on hand.
Next I measured one large drawer and one smaller drawer and cut out the wrapping paper squares accordingly. After making sure the squares fit in each drawer, I folded half of the paper back. Then I spread mod podge on one half of the bottom of the drawer with the foam brush. Mod podge dries pretty quickly (thus, why I did each drawer in two parts) and I only used a thin layer. Once it was spread on one half, I used a dry towel to smooth the wrapping paper over top of the mod podge. I did the same on the other side and then propped the drawer up in front of the fan to help it dry quickly.
The part that took the longest was the mod podging, just because there were so many drawers. I decided not to do a top coat of the mod podge because it already felt pretty smooth and durable.
And that was it! Ready to hold some super cute onesies, burp cloths, and baby shoes!
Consider this dresser complete!
Labels: Coral, DIY, Dresser, Little BK, Nursery, Projects