Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's That Time Again

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is income tax." 
~ Albert Einstein

This quote is up on the wall at work. I have to admit, it does make me feel slightly better about my job. If Albert Einstein thinks income tax is hard, then I don't feel so bad when I can't figure something out. But it is that time again... time to file your taxes! It's also the time when I'm working 55-60 hours a week, six days a week. Only seven more Saturdays to go!

On the up side, we got our tax refund last week. Woot! And I am pleased to announce that with our refund we were able to pay off all of our consumer debt. Booyah.

Obviously this helps us out a lot with our spending diet. Now whatever is left over at the end of this month we can put directly into savings for our Germany trip (see more about that here). Otherwise, our spending diet is going pretty well. We are over half way though February and I have about $20 left of my $100 monthly allowance. I've only had Starbucks a few times (thank you, Mom, for the gift card), I haven't bought any clothes, shoes, or bags, and I haven't even had the urge to go shopping.

Ok, I lied about that last one. Today I actually went to the mall since I got a Macy's gift card for Christmas. But, I am happy to report that I didn't buy anything and wasn't even that tempted. Only nine more days to go and I'm feeling good about finishing out the month strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...