Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 1, 2011

Month Two: Busy Season Wins. Again.

Month two of the spending diet is finally over. March was a looooooooong month. Especially after the shorty known as February. But we survived. Barely.

Busy season is kicking my butt. I'm so ready for it to be April 15th 18th (Damn you, Emancipation Day!). I'm not trying to make excuses, but busy season has not been good for the spending diet. On the one hand, it's good that I don't have time to think about or go shopping. On the other hand, I get lazy about making meals at home and drinking the mediocre coffee at work. It's kind of like my Starbucks lattes become a need during busy season. I need them to function and have something to look forward to in the morning that starts my 12 hour work day.

Anyways, blah blah blah... busy season sucks. I think we all know that by now. The bad news is, we weren't able to save any money this month. I know, right? Epic fail.

APRIL FOOLS! Yeah, that was my un-inspired attempt at an April Fools joke. We were actually able to put $1,000 in savings this month! We might have been able to do a little more, but we did veer off a little bit due to the fact that I needed new glasses (more on that next week), the parentals visited, my dying computer needed a little help, etc. Overall, we feel pretty good about our March savings. Not great, but not bad.

I'm ready for April, though. April better watch out. It's going to get the crap saved out of it!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...