Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 7, 2011

No-Bake Cookies

Time to bake make one of my favorites this week. I made these cookies for the first time this past Christmas. My mom used to make them every year around Christmas time and I loved them. I'm a big fan of oatmeal and chocolate, so this combination is pretty awesome for me. The best part about these cookies are that they are super easy to make (and really fast too!).


Here's my recipe for No-Bake Cookies:

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup milk
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

Mix sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and salt in large saucepan.
Heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils for 3 minutes.
Tip: I started on low and gradually worked my way up to about a 6 so it wouldn't burn.
The key (as my hubby so lovingly reminded me) is for the mixture to be super smooth and not "grainy."
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Stir in oatmeal.
Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
Let cool (cookies will harden).
Makes about two dozen.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made these this weekend to bring to work, they were a hit! The only bad part was that I couldn't eat any :( Love your recipes Meg, and you of course!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...